Bach's immortality was achieved through many pages of sublime music, which will always be a reference in our culture. Coro Casa da Música pays tribute to the composer by interpreting works that convey the incomparable depth of his sacred choral music. Bach's best-known motet is Jesu, meine Freude, a magnificent and profound creative exploration based on the simplicity of a religious hymn. Singet dem Herrn is a motet that astonishes the listener for its lightness, despite having been written for a funeral. The sense of eternity in Bach's music is almost tangible in the work that Knut Nystedt created from a funeral song by the German genius himself, managing to take us to a place where there is no sense of time. The program includes two short pieces by Jehan Alain and Toru Takemitsu, and ends with a famous choral work that illuminates the unbreakable faith expressed in the text.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
Age rating 6+
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.