Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa · 27 jun
Francisco Ferreira direcção musical
Nutcracker Swing Peter Iljitsch Tschaikowski/Arr. Hans Joachim Rhinow
T-Bones in Swing George Gershwin/Arr. Geert Schrijvers
Cordilleras De Los Andes Arie Malando/Arr. Kees Vlak
Las Playas de Rio Kees Vlak
Symphonic Suite from Rio John Powell/arr. Erik Rozendom
Jazz Suite Manfred Schneider
Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa welcomes the beginning of summer with American rhythms. The starting point is Tchaikovsky’s improbable Nutcracker, transformed into a swinging suite. Gershwin's music is much closer to swing, and what we're going to hear is a medley of famous songs by the brilliant North American composer, in an arrangement that emphasises the trombones. The fascination with tropical countries is something we understand very well, so it’s no wonder that it also captivates Dutch composers like Arie Malando, who made a career as a tango composer (!), and Kees Vlak, who dedicated one of his works to three famous beaches in Rio de Janeiro. The wonderful Brazilian city was the setting of the animated film Rio, and BSP performs a suite inspired by the fantastic soundtrack of John Powell.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música requires your compliance with the following rules:
- Due to social distance, this concert doesn’t have booked seats. Your ticket will only present the row that you chose at the moment of purchase. A seat will be given to you, once you enter the concert hall, by one of the room assistants. Please follow their instructions;
- To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
- To exit Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs placed on the floor;
- You must use a mask at all times while inside the building of Casa da Música, namely during the concert;
- Please avoid close contact with other people (keep social distance);
- Sanitize your hands at the entrance of the building of Casa da Música.
If you need help, please contact a room assistant.
When & Where
SEX 18 JUN · 19:30