Despedida de Sibelius
It is a grand farewell, almost as grand as our soloist in this late afternoon: Marc Coppey, whose brilliant career began after winning the two main distinctions in the Johann Sebastian Bach Competition in 1988 – when he was only 18 years old. In the last concert of his residency at Casa da Música, the French cellist plays Toute un Monde Lointain by Henri Dutilleux, a piece that has become one of the most important additions of the 20th century to the repertoire of the instrument. We will also bid farewell to Sibelius this late afternoon, with the last chapter of his Complete Symphonies, that spanned throughout 2021. Symphony No. 7 was his last great work, and in this program it will be accompanied by the famous Valse Triste composed in 1903 for a theatre play. The beauty of this famous waltz has made it a favourite of concert halls.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.
When & Where