Orquestra Barroca Casa da Música
Laurence Cummings direcção musical
Marina Pacheco soprano
Tiago Matos barítono
Henry Purcell Cena do Poeta Bêbado de Fairy Queen
Georg Philipp Telemann Concerto “Les Rainettes”
Johann Sebastian Bach Excertos da Cantata do Café, BWV 211 Marin Marais Suite de Ariane e Baco
Georg Friedrich Händel Excertos de Belshazzar
Orquestra Barroca yields to the pleasures of wine ... Better yet, it surrenders to music with the most varied references to this drink, with thousands of years of history. Be it a Purcell scene starring a drunken poet, a Marais suite centred on the lovers of Bacchus - the god of wine -, or a sacred aria by Bach that celebrates faith and the transformation of tears into wine. The second part of the concert is dedicated to Händel's oratorio Belshazzar, based on the biblical account of the fall of Babylon and the liberation of the Jews. Among these excerpts there is also a feast with large quantities of wine promoted by Baltasar, the king of Babylon.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
According to the Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 114-A/2021, the presentation of one of the following documents will be required to access cultural events, from September 17, 2021:
• EU COVID Digital Certificate, valid;
• Laboratory test (PCR) performed within 72 hours prior to its presentation, with a negative result;
• Rapid antigen test (TRAg), verified by a certified entity and carried out within 48 hours prior to its presentation, with a negative result;
• Rapid antigen test (TRAg), in the form of a self-test, performed upon entering Casa da Música, under the supervision of a staff member.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Non-invasive temperature measurement (except concerts on Sala Suggia or Sala 2);
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence (always keeping the social distance of 2 meters), as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.