Considered one of the most brilliant countertenors in classical music, Andreas Scholl returns to Casa da Música for a concert that certainly marks the Orquestra Barroca’s season. This night, two true colossi of the German and Italian Baroque come together in the Sala Suggia: Johann Sebastian Bach and Antonio Vivaldi. Scholl lends his voice to two works of which he has become a reference interpreter: one of the most original cantatas by Bach, especially famous among countertenors from all over the world, and Stabat Mater by Vivaldi, a composition naturally associated with the Easter period. As part of the cycle of concerts for cello that runs through the 2021 program, Orquestra Barroca presents as soloist Filipe Quaresma, a musician belonging to the formation and also to international groups such as Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.