The septet Omniae Ensemble of Pedro Melo Alves quickly became a reference in Portuguese jazz. The ensemble won the Bernardo Sassetti Composition Award 2016 and was included in the lists of best albums of the year, thanks to the combination of talented musicians with the prodigious writing of a young composer. The proposal that the group brings to Autumn in Jazz resulted from an invitation from the Guimarães Jazz festival 2020: the septet expands to an atypical group of 22 musicians, bringing together names that have marked improvised, experimental and contemporary erudite music in Portugal, under the direction of conductor Pedro Carneiro. With an album about to be released by Clean Feed, this is a powerful facet of the music of Pedro Melo Alves, an heterodox composer who created music aligned with the stylistic trends of deterritorialization of the 21st century.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
Age rating 6+
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.