In good time, Arthur Jeffes decided to take the legacy of his father, Simon Jeffes, and reinvent the mythical Penguin Cafe Orchestra, a group that, in the 1980s, was responsible for masterpieces such as Signs of Life or When In Rome ..., released by Brian Eno. The result is the modern adventure Penguin Cafe, a project that continues along the same path, in a style between neoclassical and chamber music, combined with a very ethereal pop lightness. The Penguin Café by Arthur Jeffes brings to Sala Suggia its latest album, Handfuls of Night, the result of a commission by Greenpeace that translates into a tribute to four species of penguins, a gesture that aims at drawing attention to the danger of extinction that these animals face. The music is as breathtakingly beautiful as that of the very nature in which these beings live, with melodies supported by sublime arrangements that carry us to another dimension.
Cartão Amigo 25%
Age rating 6+
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.