Quarteto de Cordas de Matosinhos · jul 2021
Regarded as the supreme artistic expression in chamber music, the string quartet was explored by several composers, with Beethoven being one of its most brilliant devotees. The six quartets op. 18 are his first foray into this field. In the tonality of C minor, which in the work of the German composer conveys something tragic and unavoidable, the Quartet No. 4 speaks to us in a direct and straightforward speech, with a melodic invention reminiscent of Mozart. Quartet No. 10, on the other hand, includes moments associated with the Napoleonic attacks and the death of Haydn, events that had a great impact in Vienna in 1809, and has been associated with the heroic style of the Fifth Symphony.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Non-invasive temperature measurement;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence (always keeping the social distance of 2 meters), as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.
When & Where