The winner of the Gold Medal of the Van Cliburn International Competition returns to Casa da Música with a programme centred on his favourite composer, Sergei Prokofieff. Vadym Kholodenko recorded all the concertos by the Russian master and his most recent album, released by Harmonia Mundi, is entirely dedicated to him. Among the works chosen for this recital is the portentous Sonata No. 7, one of the most popular and difficult pieces of the 20th century. The programme is divided between Prokofieff and Schubert, and from the latter we will hear a sonata rarely performed or recorded – in contrast to the famous Three piano pieces D. 946, a magnificent example of the Austrian composer's talent for writing unforgettable melodies.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.