When Mstislav Rostropovitch wanted to ask Chostakovitch to write a piece for him, he was told without hesitation: “If you want Dmitri to write something for you, there is only one way to do it: never talk to him about it!” The strategy worked as soon as the celebrated cellist began to spread this hidden desire in informal circuits. Chostakovitch’s motivation to write the piece was even stronger after he heard the musician perform as a soloist in Prokofieff's Symphony-Concerto. Together with the illustrious contemporary cellist, Marc Coppey, Orquestra Sinfónica continues the cycle of Great Cello Concertos, revealing yet another fundamental work of this instrument's repertoire. The program is complete with Prokofieff's revisiting the past in his First Symphony and also with one of the compositions that Haydn presented to the French court on one of his trips to Paris.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
Age rating 6+
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.