Combining virtuosity and versatility, Ilya Gringolts built a very successful career that led him to play with the great world orchestras and also with the string quartet to which he lent his name. A student of Itzhak Perlman, he was the youngest ever winner of the Paganini Competition in 1998, at the age of 16. With the same ease, we can hear him premiere contemporary works and interpret the great concerto repertoire or early music with specialized ensembles. This program is a good example of this versatility, as it includes a concertante work by the legendary Paganini and a new composition by Luca Francesconi – which earn the Italian composer the Royal Philharmonic Society Music Award. The Spanish term duende translates an almost hypnotic state of total commitment of the artist to emotions and represents the composer's intention to return to a primitive matter, to unknown interior territories.
Senior (>65) 15%
Youth (<30) 50%
Music Student/Teacher 50%
BPI Card 20%
Cartão Amigo 25%
Age rating 6+
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Casa da Música implemented the following safety measures:
• Mandatory use of mask inside the building of Casa da Música;
• Hand hygiene;
• Compliance with social distancing rules.
Failure to comply with these measures prevents access to concerts, educational activities and guided tours held at Casa da Música.
You will find visible signs on the different routes and spaces of Casa da Música, as well as information regarding the rules of access, circulation and permanence, as well as the maximum capacity of the different spaces.
All customer service points are equipped with acrylic barriers for protection and demarcation on the floor of the mandatory distance. All spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers that visitors should use before the start of activities, the purchase of tickets and the guided tours, among others.
We reinforced our hygiene plan, particularly in the disinfection of surfaces and objects (sanitary facilities, counters, handrails, door handles, switches), and in the ventilation of spaces with greater circulation of people.
Rules and guidelines for attending concerts at Sala Suggia:
• To maintain social distancing requirements, this concert has no allocated seats. The PDF of the ticket sent to your email will contain only the chosen queue. The seat will be assigned to you upon arrival, as indicated by the room assistants;
• To access Sala Suggia, use the following doors: Rows C to K - 2nd floor door; Rows L to Z - 3rd floor door;
• When exiting Sala Suggia, use the door closest to your seat, following the signs on the floor.
• If you need help, please ask a room assistant.
When & Where